Funny moments :)


Some more funny moments:

1. We were all at my parents' place and I'd brought over our Wii so they could see the Wii sports games. My Mom and Dad were pretty impressed with the golf and bowling games! So anyway, I'd gotten to demonstrating Dragon of Fury or something - I can't quite recall the exact name of the game now, but it basically involves wildly swinging the WiiMote like a sword and blasting assorted baddies into the ether. I got to the boss stage and but kept getting defeated. This caused Daniel to get more and more upset, and when I got to my last life, he muttered something under his breath and ran into the bedroom and closed the door. I thought he was grumpy about me not being able to beat the big bad baddie so I went after him and sternly asked him why he was so worked up over a game. His answer?

"But Daddy, if I hide in the room and don't watch, you will win."

I couldn't help but burst out laughing. I can hardly blame him, because my own philosophy is that everytime I don't watch Liverpool, they win!

Also reminds me of a witness' answer during one of my ex-colleague's cases:
Lawyer: I put it to you that the policeman saw you handing the drugs to your accomplice!
Witness: I don't see him, how he see me?
Lawyer, judge, and frankly, everyone else in the room: ??!!

2. On the subject of hiding, I was just playing make-believe this afternoon with the kids. Nat was supposed to be the intrepid magician and Daniel was the courageous knight. They even dressed up with their magic wands and bow and arrows. So anyway, I told them that they were approaching a ruined castle, with two broken doors in the middle of a vast and crumbling wall.

Me: What do you want to do? Walk up to the door or climb over the wall?
Intrepid Magician: Uh, Daniel can go first.
Courageous Knight: No, you go first.
Intrepid Magician: No, YOU go first.
Courageous Knight: But, but what if there's a monster?!
Intrepid Magician: OK, OK, this is the plan. YOU go, and I hide here.
Courageous Knight: NOOOO!
Me: Suddenly, a big worm leaps out of the ground!!
Courageous Knight and Intrepid Magician: AAAAAHHHHHH! *run into the bedroom*

I wonder if that's what REALLY happened to Frodo and Sam outside Mordor.

3. Finally, a healthy dose of perspective from a 6-year-old. We really love the place we have now, but unfortunately property ambition is a Singaporean disease. So the wife and I were talking about houses, and about which locations were better than others, what kind of layout we liked etc. Literally building castles in the air...

Wife: we should have 4 bedrooms, just in case we decide to have 3 kids.
Me: and we really like to live near Parkway.
Wife: and cannot face west.
Me: sigh. I think this type of house will cost 1 million dollars.
Nat: One MIILLLLIIOONN dollars?!

Her reaction was hilarious. We're forever telling her that her toys must be less than $5 or $10 at a stretch, and in fact we've drilled it into her so well that the first thing she asks when she sees something she likes is "How much is it?" and if it's over $10, she automatically puts it back, no questions asked. So the revelation that a house could cost a MILLION dollars must have been pretty stunning.

So, to put things in perspective, a MILLION dollar house will buy:
a. about 10 Kevin Keegans (who was transferred to Liverpool for 35,000 GBP in 1971)
b. 20 Toyota Vioses
c. 1,000 return tickets to London
d. 2,000 Nintendo Wiis
e. about 17,000 copies of the latest Liverpool season review DVD
f. 100,000 movie tickets to Kung Fu Panda
g. 1,000,000 Disney Princess sticker packs

What were we thinking?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as a pie chart

Bullying? Stand up!

Family AND Team