A note to old friends

Praise God, after 8-9 months, I have finally got a prayer group going in in my new (OK not so new any more) workplace! Time flies, and before I knew it, such a long time had passed. It really was much easier to start than I thought it would be, so it just goes to show how much God has prepared the way, and how often we miss opportunities. This was the very same lesson I learned when I was recently in Lijiang with my church. A lot of stories to tell about that too... suffice to say that the fields in China are white with the harvest but the workers are few. Anyway, the challenge now for me and my new colleagues is to keep this little prayer group going and to keep it meaningful and effective. Pray for us if you can!

Friends, press on, there is always value in prayer! Just think, if you don't pray for your bosses, your work, and the salvation of your colleagues etc. realistically, who is? Has He not put you in your position at work for this purpose? Even if there are only 2 or 3 of us, is Jesus not among us even then? As a last resort can we not arrow some newbie (like me in my new workplace) to take charge? :)

Anyway, if any of you are in the neighbourhood, feel free to drop in on Thursdays at 1.00 pm and join me! In the meantime, let me share my verse for the prayer group this year:

=======================================================================You You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matt 5: 14-16

Let's switch on the lights!!!
=======================================================================
In case you are wondering why I am suddenly emailing, let me also share that something odd seems to have happened to me in the last half-year. Quietly, and rather to my own surprise, God has given me the courage and even more strangely, the desire to talk about Him to my bosses, my colleagues and family openly, and doors (or at least little windows) are opening everywhere. Perhaps part of it is the result of the China trip - I don't know. I also do not know if God will give me the privilege of witnessing the eventual harvest with the people He brings into my life, but at least I know for sure, that like Paul and Apollos, I must be watering or planting at least :) Long may this strange phenomenon persist, and let me jump through those doors and windows as they open!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as a pie chart

Bullying? Stand up!

Family AND Team