#SGXmasblessing #500ByChristmas

I love to learn - to read and hear about what other people are thinking about.  But even more than learning, I like to try out what I've learned.  Of course, I'm unlikely to do some things directly.  For example, while I find the story of Ernest Shackleton fascinating, I doubt if I'm going to try crossing the Antarctic anytime soon!

But when I'm sitting in an audience listening to the speaker, or when I'm reading a book, one of my habits is to write down 1-2 things I will do about what I've learned.  And then actually go do those things.  Could be something as simple as a reminder of the importance of relationships, in which case I'll go fix a lunch appointment with someone I haven't caught up with for a while (incidentally, if I haven't caught up with you for a while, do drop me a line!)

So last week I heard someone share about kindness, and suddenly the thought popped into my head.  A few friends have been doing a challenge to take 7 black and white photos, with the rules being, no people in them and offer no reasons, just for fun, and then challenge someone to do the same.  Those are some cool photos!  I'm sure you've seen all sorts of other pass-it-on challenges on social media.

But what if we flipped the challenge around, and started a campaign to take photos with people in them, and with reasons - a small act of kindness we've done for our friends and colleagues and neighbours.  Then the person who is the recipient of the act of kindness is challenged to pass it on.

So I just put up the page on Facebook.  Here's the link to #SGXmasblessing (meaning Singapore Christmas blessing!).  It has all the instructions and so on, and I've reproduced them here too. 

What's SGXmasblessing?  It's really simple.  All we wanna do is spread the Christmas love in Singapore.  Just follow the page in the link above and "Join" the SGXmasblessing Group.  Then do something nice for a colleague, a friend or even a stranger.

We've got some simple ideas on a card at our Facebook page - check it out!  Take a photo, tag your friend, tag #SGXmasblessing #500ByChristmas.  Post your pic on our page... and now, your friend can pass your SGXmasblessing forward to someone else!

As an aside - using Facebook to start this thing is somewhat amusingly harder than I thought it would be.  Couldn't figure out how hashtags really worked, couldn't figure out whether I was trying to set up a "Page" or a "Group"... probably a sign that I need a millenial to help me out here, though he or she'd probably say, you should be on Instagram instead :D

So if anything doesn't work as it should, message me, or email SGXmasblessing@groups.facebook.com and I believe it will appear as a question on the page which I'll get to.  

I have no idea if this will catch on, but let's see if we can make 500 people happier by Christmas!  Me?  I'm gonna try to start the balling rolling for myself tomorrow in the office!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as a pie chart

Bullying? Stand up!

Family AND Team