Last words

Ever since my ankle got strong enough to run again, I try to squeeze in a run after I drop my kids off at school.  A couple of days ago, I felt a bit under the weather, but thought I would run off the weird feeling.  I mentioned it to my kids as I dropped them off, and my daughter told me not to be silly and go home to rest.  I thought this was sensible, so I took her advice and headed home. 

By the time I got home, my head was really spinning and I just crashed into bed.  The bedroom was rocking like a sampan, and every little movement of my head felt like a pirouette!  I messaged my church friends to pray for me, and thankfully, the spinning slowed down after a couple of hours.  By the afternoon, I was still feeling ginger and somewhat light headed, but the worst had passed.  Thank you friends for praying, and thank you God for making me well!

Whether it was vertigo, an ear infection or just plain exhaustion I don't know, but for a couple of melodramatic moments, I really thought about all the things I needed to say to my wife and kids before it was too late.  So for the record, now that I'm steady enough to write them down, here they are!

To my wife:

- Thank you for being the best, most loving and encouraging wife.  You helped me to be a hundred times more than I thought I could be.  Never a moment I regretted - not even one!

- Trust God in every circumstance, even the bad ones, and rejoice.  He always knows what He's doing!

- Make sure you and the kids hold on to Jesus all your life, so that we can meet again in God's kingdom!

To my daughter:

- Thank you for being a super-girl.  Help look after Mommy and Daniel!

- Hard work's important, but remember that every success really comes from God's grace.  Don't forget Him!

- Don't marry anyone who yells at you like Daddy.  And Daddy's sorry for yelling at you!

To my son:

- Thank you for being the tenderheart of the family, who shows so much care for each of us.  Always keep loving!

- Only one life, and God has given you so much talent to be accountable for - care to do things right, and do them right the first time!

- Bullies don't last.  Courage - God is on your side and He has made you amazing!

Corny.  I know.  But it's my blog and I'll be corny if I want to :)

Maybe you have some important things you need to say to your wife and kids today - thank you, sorry, I love you?  Go ahead - they deserve it!

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.  Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day - and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing. 2 Timothy 4:7-8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as a pie chart

Bullying? Stand up!

Family AND Team