An overdue update - work, cell, Taboo and so on...

Hey, it's been absolutely ages since my last post. Markets have gone absolutely bonkers over the last month, and with impeccable timing, I have transferred from my fly-on-the-wall post to the new slugging-it-out-in-the-trenches post. Horrible amount of things to chase down, especially with the transition at first, but this can only be good for cranking up the learning curve!

Enough said about work, there's certainly enough press ink already and I don't need to add to that. Lots of things going on outside strictly work matters as well. The office prayer group has put together an event for the children of Life Community Services. It will be on 8 Nov 08, we'll bring the kids on a duck tour, then back to the office for a KFC lunch with entertainment courtesy of Chicky (old fogies that we are, we kept asking for Col Sanders and didn't understand who in the world Chicky was).

Even managed to get the office premises open for a prayer team to come down to pray for the financial industry as a whole. I'm thrilled to have the chance to play a small part in opening an avenue for God to work in the marketplace, whether through my work directly, through the office prayer group or generally in making contacts for God's people to come in and do His work. As many have observed, God is God not only within the 4 walls of the church. He is God over everything, the workplace absolutely included.

As for church itself, the new cell group is now a couple of months old now, and I think we're on a decent footing. Happily, we had our first full attendance meeting last week, and I can really see the cell starting to have an impact on the lives of the members, as we "spur each other on to good deeds". I trust that God will mould us all into the godly husbands, fathers, sons and workers that He has prepared us to be.

God has even continued to work for the good of ex-cell members - I accidentally called someone who has dropped out of church. He called back and asked why I called, and I said I didn't, then I realised I must have called when I was fiddling with my phone (possibly in a boring meeting haha!). Anyway, will be meeting up for lunch on Deepavali and I truly believe this is a God-appointed meeting, and I have told my friend as much...

Will try to enjoy the long weekend, cross fingers that the Indian market doesn't see TOO much excitement on Monday (for some reason their Deepavali is on Tuesday). Was just playing Taboo with the Natalie, and I am much impressed that she knows words like "vine", "reservoir" and so on. It's quite funny sometimes though.

Nat: uh... something that people celebrate all over the world.
Me (thinking this is easy): New Year!
Nat: No.
Me: Christmas!
Nat: No.
Me: Uh... National Day?
Nat: NO!
Me: Birthday?
Nat: NNOO!!
Me: ... I give up.
Nat: Racial Harmony Day!
Me: ??!!!

In a warped kind of way, you can understand why she'd think this was celebrated all over the world, when in truth, it's probably only in we-have-a-campaign-for-everything Singapore that we celebrate it.

Have a nice long weekend everyone :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as a pie chart

Bullying? Stand up!

Family AND Team