Transformers!

















Watched Transformers this weekend. Wow - action-packed. I remember my Transformers toys already being pretty cool, but the movie pretty much blows "cool" out of the water. Pity the CGI robots don't actually look anything much like I remember the cartoon characters, but I guess 80s kitsch just doesn't cut it these days.

Check out the difference between 2007 (left) and 80s (right)!

In a retro-packed weekend, also spent two hours playing Mario Party on the Nintendo 64 with my wife and kids. Having drummed it into Daniel that he's not supposed to cry when he doesn't win, he rather proudly announces "I didn't cry! See?" every time he doesn't actually win one of the mini-rounds. Good for him.

Earlier in the weekend, I went to play futsal with my old colleagues. How did it go? Great to see old friends again! Oh, are we talking about the game here? Let's just say I'm glad I didn't have too many minutes on the pitch. The embarassment might have been a little too mortifying, even for me. Funny, I actually recall being quite good at this. I think I'll stick to armchair critique from now on :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life as a pie chart

Bullying? Stand up!

Family AND Team